- Foreign Nationals : Citizens of all countries other than who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO. Foreign student in this context shall be defined as the student who possesses the foreign passport.
- 'PIO' means Persons of Indian Origin: PIOs are such persons who are citizens of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or who or either of his / her parents or any of his / her grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitution of India or Sec 2(b) of Citizenship Act, 1955. (Act No. 57 of 1955).
15% Seats in all the programme are reserved for foreign nationals/ PIOs over and above the sanctioned intake. The candidates seeking admission against these seats shall be eligible for admission without the Entrance Test. Such candidates should fulfill the eligibility requirements of the concerned programme with at least 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. Such candidates should apply to the “Chairperson, Admission Committee-2016, DAVV” separately. If the candidate fulfills all the qualifications, the University shall issue provisional admission letter to him/her and inform the concerned Indian High Commission/ Embassy. On the basis of the provisional admission letter, the Indian High Commission/ Embassy will issue a student visa to enable the student to come to India and join the University. It will be the sole responsibility of the student to seek admission in the concerned program within the time limit prescribed for admissions. No foreign student shall be admitted to any programme of University unless he/she fulfills the following conditions:
- Possesses eligibility certificate issued by the University.
- Deposited the requisite registration / renewal fee and immigration fee.
- Produces original passport and valid student visa.
- Certificate from the competent Medical Officer that the candidate is not HIV positive or suffering from AIDS.
- Certificate from District Administration / Police Department that candidate name has been enrolled in the register of foreign nationals.
- Produces original certificates of qualifying examinations.
- Last date for application will be 11th June, 2016.
The Eligibility Certificate and other documents will be issued to the candidate in person, on producing valid evidence of identity. The student should necessarily present himself/ herself. The certificates will not be granted and issued to his agents/ representatives/ friends etc. whosoever and whatsoever. Attested photocopy of all the above documents should be submitted at the time of admission.
As per Income Tax Act, 1961 an individual is non-resident for income tax purpose, when he/she is not a resident or who is not ordinarily resident. A person is treated as ordinarily resident when any of the following conditions is satisfied.
- If he/she has not been resident of India in nine out of ten preceding years : or
- If he/she has not been in India for a period of 730 days or more during the preceding seven years.
Candidates who are seeking admission against seats reserved for non-resident Indians subject to the following conditions:
- At least one of the parents of such candidates should be non-resident Indian and shall ordinarily be residing abroad as non-resident Indian.
- b. The person who sponsors the candidate for admission should be a first degree relation of the candidate and should be ordinarily residing abroad as a non-resident Indian.
- c. If the candidate has no parents or near relatives or taken as a ward by some other nearest relative such candidate may also be considered for admission provided that the guardian has bonafidely treated the candidate as a ward and such guardian shall file an affidavit indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the candidate and also his relationship with the candidate and such person also should be a non-resident Indian and ordinarily residing abroad.
The candidates seeking admission against NRI seats shall be eligible for admission without the Entrance Test. Such candidates should fulfill the eligibility requirements for the concerned programme with atleast 45% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. Such candidates should apply to the "Chairperson Admission Committee-2016, Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMRC), Takshshila Campus, Khandwa Road, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), Indore-452001", separately along with the following documents by 11th June, 2016:
- DD of Rs. 5000/- or US$ 100 in favour of Registrar, DAVV, Indore.
- Photocopy of mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Eligibility certificate from the University.
- Certificate issued by Indian Diplomatic Mission or Chancellor or Commission abroad under their seal stating that the father/parent of the applicant is an Indian resident in that country.
- Work Permit/ Employer Certificate
- Bank Statement of Sponsorer(NRE/NRO Account).
- Copy of valid passport and visa.