- Minimum percentage and admission criteria for admission to courses being offered by the University are mentioned in the Tables 1 & 2 of this document. For minimum eligibility criteria percentage of marks in aggregate in qualifying examination kindly refer to the Tables 1 & 2 of this document. A relaxation of 5% in the eligibility criteria shall be admissible to the bonafide SC/ST applicants of Madhya Pradesh only. A relaxation of 5% in eligibility will also be applicable to Physically Challenged (Nishaktjan) as defined by M.P. Government.
- The candidates awaiting their results of qualifying examination can also apply for admission but the candidate has to submit the final mark sheet of qualifying examination by '08th August 2016' or the date as decided by the University else admission will automatically be cancelled.
For admission in MBA (HA) 2 years, the candidate has to submit the internship completion certificate by 8th August 2016 else admission will automatically be cancelled.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from universities other than Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya are required to submit Eligibility Certificate issued by the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore.
- Fresh admission will be given only in first semester / first year of the course.
As per the government rules the upper age limit for male candidates for admission to undergraduate courses is 23 years whereas for postgraduate degree courses it is 28 years as on July 01, 2016 . A relaxation of three years in upper age limit for SC / ST / OBC and physically challenged candidate shall be provided for the applicants of Madhya Pradesh only. For candidate belonging to physically challenged category upper age limit for admission to Graduate and Post Graduate courses will be 30 and 35 years, respectively as on July 01, 2016. There is no upper age limit for females, MBA (HA 2 years) and LLM candidates. For B. Pharm. course candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission. For B.A. LLB course age limit will be as per M.P. Govt./B.C.I. norms.
- If the age is more than the requisite age.
- An applicant convicted by the court of law in India or outside or one against whom cases are being tried in the court/s or challan has been presented or have verifiable allegations against them concerning misbehavior/beating of students/officers/employees or a person against whom disciplinary action has been taken by Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya or any other University shall not be eligible for admission. Candidates who have involved in ragging will be ineligible for admission.
- A full time government employee/non-government employee cannot take admission in courses run during working hours. However, they can take admission in courses run after regular working hours. For the same they will have to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer.
- All reserved category candidates will have to appear in CET - 2016.
- Reservation of seats in courses offered by the University will be in accordance with the policy of Madhya Pradesh Government. The benefit of reservation will be available, only to the domiciles of Madhya Pradesh.
- Of the total seats, 16 percent and 20 percent seats in courses will be reserved for applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST), respectively. Seats of both these categories are interchangeable.
- Of the total seats in a course, 14 percent seats will be reserved for applicants form OBC category (except who are in creamy layer).
- Reservation for Persons with disabilities (Physically Handicapped Seats): One seat on over and above basis in each course will be reserved for the physically handicapped candidates with disability percentage of 40 or above. Candidate's claiming admission against these seats shall be required to produce Disability Certificate from the concerned District Medical Board.
- A horizontal reservation of 30 percent of the total seats will be for female applicants.
- DAVV Employee ward quota : Admission for wards of the University employees will be done on the basis of University guidelines. These admissions will be over and above the total number of seats available in the concerned course.
(Ward here would mean husband, wife, son, daughter of the employee/teacher/officer. In this respect a certificate from the Registrar, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore /Competent authority of the University shall be required)
Note: These seats are interchangeable, and can be converted to other category (Officer/Teacher to Employee or Vice -Versa) if they remain vacant.
- If less than half seat falls under reservation then the seat will not be available, but in case the proportion of seat is between half and one it will be treated as one.
- If reserved seats remain vacant on the day of counseling, the seat will be converted to unreserved category on the basis of merit.
- To avail benefit of reservation a certificate from a Competent Authority should be produced.
- The candidate (applicants) must indicate explicitly the category for which he / she want to avail the advantage of reservation for admission. This option will, in no case, be allowed to be changed.
- The candidate admitted under NRI category will not be transferred to any other category unless he/she has qualified entrance test and stands in merit.
- Conversion of vacant seats among reserved categories (SC / ST / OBC) will be done as per M.P. Government directives.
- J & K Migrants quota seats: One seat in each program (over & above) shall be reserved for sons/daughters of the persons displaced from the state of Jammu and Kashmir on or before 1st January, 1999. Such candidates shall have to produce a certificate from the S.D.O. (Revenue) of the concerned district in prescribed Performa. Sons/ Daughters of the employees of M.P. Govt., who have served in the State of Jammu and Kashmir for curbing insurgency, are also covered under this quota.
Such candidates should have passed their qualifying examination from the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Candidates would be required to produce a certificate in prescribed Proforma. The certificate should be produced at the time of counseling.
- J & K Resident Quota: One seat in each programme shall be reserved on over and above basis for residents of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidate will be required to submit appropriate certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of counseling.
- Any situation, not covered by provisions mentioned in this guideline shall be referred to the Organizing Committee which will work within the ambit of Act, Statutes and Ordinances of Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore and its decision shall be final.
- The legal disputes, if any, shall be settled within the jurisdiction of Indore.
- Ragging, teasing, torturing or making nuisance in any way inside or outside the campus has been declared as a serious offence and strict action shall be taken against those who will be found involved in such activities.
- If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the University, the concerned student shall be given a chance to explain and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory, the University would expel him/her from the course as well as the institution.
- In case it comes to the notice that an applicant was able to secure admission based on forged certificate/s or by furnishing wrong information, willingly concealing adverse facts or due to administrative or official negligence, his/her admission will be cancelled immediately without giving any notice.
- If a student, after taking regular admission, fails to maintain 75% of the attendance for each subject in the course, he/she will not be eligible to appear in tests/final exam.
There are four boys hostel and five girls hostels. Accommodation in the hostels is limited. For hostel accommodation selected candidates are required to contact Chief Warden Hostels, DAVV, Indore. Students staying in hostel are not allowed to work outside in part/full time. Hostel fees will be approx. 15000/- p.a. Fee is subject to change as per the University guideline.