DAVV at a Glance
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV), formerly University of Indore, is a premier University in Central India, completing its 50th year of establishment, educational commitment and services. It is the first State University of Madhya Pradesh which has been recently accredited with "A" grade by NAAC. It was established in 1964, by an Act of Legislature of Madhya Pradesh. DAVV is an affiliating State University whose jurisdiction includes seven tribal dominated districts of Indore division It is catering to the educational needs on one hand to the most industrially developed district of MP, Indore and on the other hand to the tribal and rural backward districts of the State. The University serves around 1,80,000 students every year through well qualified human resources, with diversified course structure, inter-disciplinary research and value-based education. The University is committed to following vision and mission which has been derived from its motto "Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat":
Vision & Mission
Emerge as a premier higher learning institution by creating, advancing and disseminating knowledge with collective wisdom, through value imbued holistic education for peaceful, sustainable and humane society
Educating and empowering the learners to realize their potential through righteous blending of knowledge, skills, and values for serving the society.
The University strives to realize its vision and mission by:
- Facilitating learner centric multidisciplinary course curriculum, pedagogy and resources through technology enabled joyful and diverse learning environment.
- Achieving excellence for world class competencies in teaching, research and extension.
- Promoting multidisciplinary research and scholarship.
- Providing demand driven educational programmes for enhancing skills and employability.
- Emphasizing value guided competencies among learners for developing socially responsible professionals and leaders.
- Evolving educational processes to ensure balance between head, heart and hand for holistic personality development.
- Exploring global opportunities for stakeholders through international collaboration.
- Nurturing a culture of pride, ownership and belongingness for attracting and retaining human resources.
- Promoting autonomy with accountability through participatory, transparent and value-based governance.
- Adapting environment friendly and energy efficient best practices for sustainable development.
- Addressing issues and priorities for empowering local community with a global perspective.